Why a solid tie? Solid ties enters a splash of color and easily blend with striped or pattern shirts and are easily taken in by the observer as being tasteful and clean with a pop. Throw in a pocket square and stop some traffic. the ties can have a satin finish, slight texture, or a tightly woven grenandine. While many people know of Faconnable brand from many various pronunciations, correct or incorrect, that which is always correct is the superb color palette Faconnable’s neck wear has to offer the well dressed gentleman. Season after season, year after year. Let’s look a a few combinations featuring myself, with a few colors.
In between my business endeavors I love to eat, and eat well. After I made some Bruschetta one evening, in my haste I apparently did not distribute the ingredients evenly across the toast.
“Dad it’s not mixed right, this piece has more olives, this one too many shallots”
Well, you get the idea. Dad not being one to take criticism well, young Francis landed himself a new job as The Bruschetta Plater. I also decided to make him mix the arugula salad as well.
“Slow down on the grated Pecorino, boy!”.
Basically the ingredients are those in a ‘”puttanesca” sauce.
- One large shallot diced.
- A dozen Kalamata olives chopped coarsely.two
- Two tablespoons of capers.
- One seeded Jalapeno pepper diced.
- Four anchovies chopped coarsely.
- One Tablespoon of lemon or lime juice.
- Three Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Most importantly we love Campari tomatoes right from the vine. Dice about six tomatoes, remove the seeds and add to the mixing bowl and let sit for up to 20 minutes. This bowl stays at room temperature, please please please do not put that bowl in the refrigerator or it will be terrible. Tomatoes hate refrigerators and will ruin themselves if you chill them, spiteful little fruit they are.
- Then toast some Semolina bread slices, plate it evenly, and spoon the remaining olive oil and juice over the plate.
Pour yourself a nice glass of Cannonau and watch the Bruschetta disappear. Delicioso!
Gingham fabric makes a versatile shirt as it looks great with or without a tie, with or without a jacket and provides the opportunity to show colors cleanly with the white/color checks. The fabrics are light for year round use and are a classic part of the wardrobe.
Sources claim two origins of the word “gingham”, firstly from 1615, from Dutch “gingang” traders’ rendering of a Malay word said to be ginggang “striped,” used as a noun with the sense of “striped cotton. Secondly named after Guingamp, in Brittany, where the fabric was originally manufactured.
It’s never too early to start your children in the right direction of style and taste. If they learn from your example of dressing well, and you help guide them in how/why you are dressing it will instill something in them to carry them forward in future success and confidence. If they can dress themselves in the morning their decision making skills get more focused and empower their confidence and self esteem at the beginning of their self consciousness.